The Textbook Rental Program allows students attending Spoon River College (with current SRC ID) the opportunity to rent selected textbooks. By signing, you indicate that you have read, understood, and agree with all the terms and conditions of this agreement.
TERMS OF AGREEMENT
1) I understand that the book(s) rented by me are the property of the Spoon River College Bookstore and agree to return the book(s) in clean, lightly marked and fully resalable condition on or before the due date listed on the receipt. I agree to pay full retail price (less rental amount) for any books that are returned damaged and/or deemed unsalable by the Bookstore Staff (which includes but not limited to water damage, torn/missing pages, excessive markings and broken binding). Book returned damaged, fees may apply.
2) I understand and agree that rented books may be returned for a full refund up until 5 days after the start date of the class if returned in salable condition (see point 1). After that date, rented books are not refundable.
3) I understand and agree that rented books not returned by the final return date will be considered lost. I understand that I will forfeit my rental fee and will be charged full retail price for any book that is not returned by the final return date listed on the receipt.
4) I understand and authorize the Spoon River College Bookstore to charge my student account for any unpaid late fees or replacement costs. I also understand that I will not be allowed to participate in future rental opportunities until these costs are paid.
5) I understand that at any time during the semester I may apply the rental price toward the purchase price of the book. The purchase price will be determined by whether the book was new or used at the time of rental.
6) I understand that textbooks that are needed for more than one semester will need to be rented for each semester.
7) Textbooks can be returned to any campus. Rentals are due the week of Finals.
Failure to return rented books will result in your student account being charged for the price of the book minus the rental fee paid. You will also have a hold on your account until balance is paid. Once your account has been charged you no longer can return the book and it is yours.
Contact the bookstore @ 309-649-6295 if you have questions.